Monday, February 29, 2016

Wine and Knitting

I live near the Southern California wine area of Temecula.  It's a beautiful area with a steadily growing selection of wineries.  My husband and I joined the wine club of one of our favorites this last year, Miramonte.  It's a great winery with delicious wines and live entertainment every weekend.  One of the perks of membership is eight free glasses of wine per month.  So, one of my knitting friends has gone with me a couple of times to "help" me drink a few of those glasses. ;-)  It makes for a wonderful afternoon....great weather, great wine, great company, and knitting!

I think she enjoyed that a lot because she decided that she wanted to join a winery too.  She tried out a bunch and decided to join the wine club at Europa Village.  I'd never been to that one and was excited to try it out.  We went last Friday and I fell in love!  It's still small and I love that about it.  However, that's going to change soon as it looks like they're planning a major expansion.  I love them so much more when they're small and charming.  Miramonte was like that when we first discovered it.  Oh well, we'll enjoy the small version of Europa as long as we can!

Just look at how adorable it is!
Excuse the poor photos as they were taken with my cell phone.
This is the main entrance to one of their tasting rooms... 


Just outside of that tasting room was an adorable sitting area.  And, although I've not been to Europe, it made me think of that.  It's so storybook-like!



They have a big pergola outside with comfy seating.  Down the center is a lovely breezeway with branches across the top and pretty lighting.


Among the comfy seating there are some unique pieces of furniture.  There was an antique work table with an old wood vice.  I think this little bench seat is adorable...


Chloe, the winery cat, came out to visit.  Isn't she cute?!  Her nose looks like a heart.


We later spotted her in one of the special, reservation only, seating tents.  I caught her yawning...


I love the center courtyard with the olive tree and roses.  So pretty!


This is another tasting room that was closed that day.  We peeked inside and the ceiling is made to look like a cave.  Very cool!  I love the rustic wood touches on the outside.


The arch to the left is where we entered...



They have a long list of wines that I'm excited to try.  Their flavor profiles are very different from the winery my husband and I go to most often.  So, it'll be fun to try them.  I started with the top red on the list and hope to work my way down the list.  I don't remember the name of it but was delicious!

Here's a view out the back from where we were sitting...


The weather couldn't have been more perfect that day!  We enjoyed every minute, every sip, and every stitch!  Thanks, Judy!  :-D


It turns out that this winery has live music every weekend as well.  I bet it's magical at night with how cute it is and all those little lights that are strung around.  I just might need to take my hubby there soon.

7 comments:

Judy said...

It was my pleasure! I had such a nice relaxing time that day. Let's do it again soon!

mamasmercantile said...

It looks amazing and indeed made me think Of Italy.

Susan said...

What a completely perfect way to spend an afternoon! I agree that smaller is so much more enjoyable, but so few business - or wineries - want to stay small. Enjoy!

Delighted Hands said...

Always nice to get together for knitting! Beautiful scenery!

Cache-Mire said...

It looks wonderful! Wish we had something similar in Florida!!

Mereknits said...

I think that is a brilliant way to spend the afternoon. Glad you had a great time,
Meredith

judith said...

That looks like a very nice place to hang out and knit.