Friday, August 15, 2014

FO Friday

Another week has gone by and I'm still on a roll with de-stashing and finishing projects!  Woo hoo!  I love this!  It feels good to use up some supplies, finish up projects, and have some new and fun things.

One of the things I finished up this week was this painting...


My daughter and I took a class at the local ceramics/painting shop last month.  They were featuring this "Sugar Skull" painting for one of the classes.  We liked it and the class just happened to be the day after my daughter's birthday.  So, that's how we celebrated.  It was a lot of fun!  However, there's a lot more to this "simple" looking painting than it seems.  So much so that we didn't finish our paintings during the class...even though it went an hour longer than scheduled.  My daughter finished her painting a day or so later.  But, me...I kept putting it off.  I finally got around to finishing it this week.  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and it was a lot of fun.

Another thing I finished was this granny square table topper.  I made it with a huge, 710 yard skein of Handicrafter Cotton that I had in my stash.  And, I made it in one week.  I thought it would look great with this table cloth that I have.  And, it will be perfect for Fall.  However, it turned out a bit small.  I wanted to center it over the table cloth, on my round kitchen table, and have the corners go to each place there's a chair to act as a place mat...perfect to put a place setting at each corner.  I haven't given up hope yet though.  I'm going to try to block it out as much as I can and see if it makes it big enough.  If not....well?....I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it.  I really like it though and I'm determined to make it work for something.  The burnt orange color of it is perfect in my house.  And, I don't want to rip out 710 yards of stitching!  That was a lot of work!


I also knitted up a couple more dish cloths with a ball of brown Sugar N Cream.
Looks like a great color scheme going on, huh?  :-)


This feels so good to be using up so much stash yarn and finishing so many projects!

I'd better figure out my next project and get started while I'm still on a roll!

I just got a message from Sandy at "My Yellow Swing".  It's a bag making bonanza at her place.  She has finished up a bunch of great bags and posted them on her blog today.  I love how she combines sewing with inkle weaving and cords that she's made.  Here's just one of her FO's for this week...


Be sure to pop over and see all the other great bags she's made.

Oh...and, I almost forgot...I'm need  to add my newest FO's to the Stash-Buster Party at Linda's Crafty Corner.  Hop on over if you'd like to join in on the fun or see what everyone's been making.


P.S.  I just got word that Cindy at "Delighted Hands" posted for FO Friday.  She finished a gorgeous, knitted, lace shawl.  Hop on over and take a look.  Great job, Cindy!  I love it!

Here's a peek...


10 comments:

gilly said...

Well done for finishing the painting and your table topper looks lovely..and so neat :-) What about adding a border to it in a contrasting colour to make it that little bit bigger?
Happy weekend,
xx

mamasmercantile said...

I love the colour of the table runner, could you make a bigger border in a contrast colour to make it bigger? I have making a big dent in the Christmas fabric this week. Have a lovely weekend.

Delighted Hands said...

I love the retro 70's color! I will post later-I am knitting as fast as I can to be done in time for today's posting! lol

Susan said...

I would love to see the WHOLE sugar skull painting - it looks wonderful (and not simple). Those colors are so warm and nice. And your handwork is so perfect!

Laney said...

I am not usually a fan of sugar skulls but I do like your painting, I love all the colour and vibrancy :) I have been picking up my crochet hooks again - I have an embarrassing amount of yarn that I have stashed and that's my challenge to myself to use it! Must be that time of year again when we have a sort out and finish stuff!

Mereknits said...

Look how talented you are painting too! The table topper is wonderful and if it is cotton you can block it and it will expand a lot. Hope it all works out.
Hugs,
Meredith

benita said...

I love the colors you are putting together - so fall like (my favorite season).

Doesn't Sandy O do nice work? That is so pretty!

KarenB said...

You are just cranking out the projects!! Making room for new yarn. ;-)

Patty Antle said...

Your work is gorgeous. I love seeing your projects.

Teresa Kasner said...

You are very talented! I love all your projects. Good job!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)