Friday, August 22, 2014

FO Friday - Crochet Bunting

Whew!  I made it!  I got another project done just in time for FO Friday!

Here it is...a sweet, crochet bunting...


I made it for my daughter to decorate the bathroom or bedroom of her condo.
The leftover bits of yarn and stash yarn I had worked perfectly.
Look how great it matches her shower curtain...


I love the shape and design of the panels.  They're so cute!  

The "Half Lotus Bunting" pattern is free on Ravelry.  I found the pattern directions challenging but finally got it worked out.  I took notes on my Ravelry project page as I worked it out so I'd have an easier time with the next ones.    Now, the bunting panels are easy and quick.

I noticed that other people have had some trouble figuring out the pattern too.  I'd like to try to make a chart to post in my notes.  I find them so much clearer and easier to understand.  I'm sure I'll find it helpful with future buntings that I make and maybe others will find it helpful too. 


 I used a size "H" crochet hook to make mine.


For the chain, I started with 80 stitches, single crocheted each panel on, made three chain stitches between each panel, made 82 more chain stitches, turned (making sure I would be stitching across the top and back), made a single crochet in the third chain from the hook and all the way across.  I fastened off the end, tied a knot with the beginning and ending yarn and used a yarn needle to hide the ends.  To finish it off, I laid it on the ironing board, adjusted the panels and steamed them (from the back).  They lay and hang much nicer after that.

This project is so cute and fun!  In fact, I have another bunting made in Autumn colors.  But, I'm thinking about adding some cute embellishments to it.  So, I'll be posting it later.

Yay!  More de-stashing and another FO!  And, how great to find a use for leftover bits!

12 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

That is darling. I like the fanciness!

Cindie said...

Oh my gosh - that is adorable!
I'm definitely adding that to my (very long) to-list - would be very fun at the beach in seaglass colors.

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

I do like your bunting and as I'm on ravelry I will pop over there and have a look at the pattern
Caz xx

Amy at love made my home said...

Very pretty! xx

Mereknits said...

I love it and so will your daughter. Good for you with the destashing.
Hugs,
Meredith

RedSetter said...

For some insane reason I hate bunting. I was forced to make some at my sewing class last year to learn the machine sewing techniques. I only hung it with bluetack to photograph then lobbed it in the back of a cupboard as its tweeness offends me!

However, I totally adore your snazzy bunting and this is really covetable.....me totally want-y! I am definitely going to give this a go though I note you said it was a little tricky so that might be the tin lid on my tenuous pattern following skills. Thanks so much for sharing bunting that I can really get into!

Delighted Hands said...

Very pretty! It sure will complement her curtain! Good job!

Michelle said...

That came out so cute!

mamasmercantile said...

I love the bunting, such an unusual shape and the colours are a delight.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

It is beautiful and does match her shower curtain perfectly. Lovely! I often have a problem with reading patterns the first time. In fact, I often have problems even after making them a million times if I don't do a pattern for a while. I think I just daydream when I am creating, not fully paying attention, and then things just happen. Like with my baskets. Ha! Have a great weekend. Tammy

Laney said...

Love the colours :)

Lorilee said...

I love it! I like diagrams as well. They provide a visual to follow!
Blessings,
Lorilee