Thursday, August 28, 2014

FO Friday - Autumn Crochet Bunting

I'm so in love with the Half Lotus Bunting pattern that I found on Ravelry!  I've made three of them so far.  I posted one of them last week that I'd made for my daughter.  When I was making panels for that one, I was also making panels for an Autumn colored bunting.  I waited to post it because I thought it might look cute with crocheted acorns hanging from the ends of the strings.  I tried making some but they just don't look good with this thick yarn.  That's ok.  I love my Fall bunting anyway.  Here it is on my family room fireplace mantel...


I love it!



It's not Autumn yet but Fall is my favorite season.
So, why not enjoy it a little early and a little longer?!  : )


This project accomplished a little de-stashing.
But, have to admit that I bought a few colors for a better Fall look.  ;-) 

8 comments:

Art and Sand said...

I saw your bunting on IG and love it.

What a cute idea!!

Cindie said...

It's wonderful and it's close enough to fall to put it up now. What about needlefelting some little acorns - use the acorn caps and needlefelted or wetfelted balls.....

mamasmercantile said...

It looks good hanging off the mantle very pretty. Love the Autumnal colours.

Mereknits said...

It looks wonderful up on your mantle.
Hugs,
Meredith

Delighted Hands said...

It looks great! You've got the whole pattern down n o w!

Susan said...

It's adorable! Yet another reason to learn to crochet...

Amy at love made my home said...

It looks so pretty, and is a great way to start making little touches in your decorating for the change in seasons before you are ready to go all the way! xx

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I really do like it! Have wanted to crochet some banners and garlands with lots of different little medallions but hasn't happened yet. So much I want to do ... take care, Tammy