Friday, August 8, 2014

De-Stash / FO Challenge - FO Friday

I did it!  I got another project done...just in time for FO Friday!
I finished crocheting it during my trip and finally got it sewn together yesterday.

I got this yarn several years ago when I was in Sedona, Arizona.  It's Ella Rae Lace Merino and I love the color and texture of it.  I've been on a search all this time for the perfect pattern for it.  I finally decided to just go for it with a version of the Claudia Scarf.  I crocheted until my yarn was almost gone.  Then, I folded it in half, made a twist, and sewed it together to create a mobius.


I had planned to block it to open up the pattern/stitches a bit.  However, after I'd created a mobius, I realized that it would be difficult to impossible to get it blocked evenly.  Oh well.  It looks great anyway.


I'm SO in love with the colors in this yarn.  It's gorgeous!  Oranges and pinks...So pretty!  It reminds me of the orange rocks of Sedona and the beautiful sunsets there.  It even has a pretty twist to it.  And, it's super soft and squishy.  So nice!


I used a size "H" crochet hook.
And, I was able to use so much of the yarn that I only have about two yards left.
I wanted to use as much of this beautiful yarn as I could.


The length turned out perfect for wearing as a single loop.
And, it works perfectly to double around the neck for more warmth.



I can't wait to wear this beauty!

This is another de-stashing success!  It's the eighth skein I've de-stashed into an FO in the past few weeks.  It's the fifth FO.  I started two more projects from stash yarn this week.  This is fun!

How's it going with your de-stashing and FO's?  I'd love to hear about it and see your projects.
If you're joining in on this challenge, let me know.
I'd love to share photos of your successes and link them to your blogs.

Happy de-stashing and have a wonderful weekend!

UPDATE 8/10/2014 - I'm joining in on Linda's Crafty Corner, Stash-Buster Link Party.
If you'd like to join in on the fun, hop on over to her blog.


16 comments:

Cindie said...

It's lovely!
You're doing great with your de-stashing! I've gotten as far as starting on holiday gifts which are from yarn stash.... unfortunately I can't show on my blog.

Delighted Hands said...

Gorgeous! Lovely job, I didn't finish anything for today but will have projects for next week!

Mereknits said...

I love the scarf, and since I have a sister named Claudia I feel I just might have to make it. I did finish my sweater this week, so that is at least something. I am bsuy on my new shawl, should be done with that one by next week. And no new yarn for me, hooray!
Meredith

judith said...

Very pretty, reminds me of Sedona too!

September Violets said...

Such a pretty scarf! Love the open pattern and the colours look so rich. Wendy x

Art and Sand said...

I need to de-stash so many different supplies.

Good job of reducing inventory and creating something beautiful.

Laney said...

I LOVE that colour! what a beautiful 'scarf'? not sure on the correct word, my daughter wears lots of this style in the winter but that one is the first one I have thought I could wear.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful, perfect for the colder weather, sorry I didn't link up but I haven't done a post as I have been busy with family visits.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Love that color! The scarf turned out great. H hook is my favorite to work with. Have a super Sunday. Tammy

Amy at love made my home said...

The colour is beautiful!!!! It looks as though it will be just the right mix of warm and snuggly, but not too hot! xx

benita said...

Doesn't it feel good to "shop" from your stash? I love the colors in that yarn. It'll be a nice pop of color this winter.

Jo said...

I think all of those de-stash projects are great, I have enjoyed looking back at them. It is arather satisfying process, I am doing it with fabric at the moment and have nearly made myself a whole new Autumn wardrobe! Jo x

Mrs. Micawber said...

That is beautiful, yarn and pattern both. And I really like your dress form! :)

Cheryl said...

Thats beautiful! Destashing? Yikes..... I should- I should, but ya know *wink*
big hugs,
Cheryl

Wainwright and Wright.Co said...

That is a gorgeous scarf - love the pattern and the colour!
Cza xx

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Hi there, I just found your blog whilst bolo hopping from, I think, Meredith's blog at mereknits. Your blog is really great, lovely pictures. I love the yarn you used for your scarf, gorgeous colours.
Jillxo