Friday, August 1, 2014

De-Stash / FO Challenge - FO #3

It's no secret that I love cotton yarn.  I'm particularly fond of Sugar 'n Cream and all the pretty colors it comes in.  Not to mention that it's so inexpensive that it's easy and cheap to pick up a ball of it here and there and not feel guilty about it.  It's colorful, it's cotton, and it makes me happy.  Then....there's the stash!  I have quite a bit of it in my stash.  So, I'm working on finding wonderful ways to use it.

I've used up two balls of it over the past couple of weeks!
I made this set of wash/dish cloths with some leftovers.
The colorway is "Earth Ombre".  I love these colors together.


This post is also a great way to show ya'll my adorable new soap dish.  I love the cute little bird on the side.  I saw these at World Market before my trip.  After my trip, I had a great excuse for getting one...the two, little bars of hotel soap that I brought home.


Here are two more dish cloths that I just finished up this week.
This colorway is called, "Barnboard Twist".
I love the colorway and the name!


This de-stash / FO challenge is helping me so much!  Knowing that I posted and promised to do this helps me get things done.  It feels so good to use up some yarn from my stash and finish up some great things.  I'm so happy to have finished and posted three things in three days!

Just in case you missed the first post...this challenge is open to anyone.  If you'd like to join in on the fun, just let me know.  I'd even love to share your accomplishments on my blog (with links to your blog, of course).  We can all encourage and inspire one another.  Happy de-stashing!  :-)

UPDATE 8/10/2014 - I'm joining in on Linda's Crafty Corner, Stash-Buster Link party.
If you'd like to join in on the fun, hop on over to her blog.



8 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great De-stashing! Love the little birdie.

Anonymous said...

Great dish clothes! and That first color way is so soothing. Great earth tones, very calming.
I adore that bird on your soap dish, how cute is he!
~Dawn

September Violets said...

That IS a cute little soap dish! Your cotton cloths are so pretty ... enjoy your destashing :) Wendy x

Cindie said...

You're doing great with de-stashing - hope it's catching - I have a lot of de-stashing I could do.....even if it's just one thing in the next week or so....like blocking a scarf that's been sitting for a couple months.

judith said...

I'm trying! If I'd get off the dang computer maybe I'd get something finished.

roxie said...

De-stashing is so satisfying! And I love your lovely washcloths!

Unknown said...

I love the soap dish so much! I'm looking to order one for my house

marianna said...

Very nice ---- and such lovely colours.