Monday, December 23, 2013

Gatherings and Gifts

Last Friday, one of the ladies in our knit group was so sweet to open her home up to us and host a Christmas party.  I was happy that I had a few hours to spare so I could go.  It was a relaxed get together in the morning.  She had some yummy treats and coffee (one of the best cups I've ever had black...I think it was Starbucks Christmas Blend).  We all sat around in her living room to 
snack, knit, chat and exchange gifts.  We all had a really nice time.

For the gift exchange, we drew numbers and took turns choosing an unopened gift or one that had already been opened (I like that game).  All the gifts were great...hand knitted pot holders, dish cloths, one of my lace crochet covered rocks, a folding project tote, a handmade crystal bracelet, a couple yarn skein gifts that came with a slipper pattern, Starbucks cards and what I was lucky to bring home...A hand dyed skein of yarn in one of my favorite colors, blue.  Isn't it pretty?!


I didn't even realize until today when I took photos that it also came with two stitch markers.
They're attached to the tag...


This yarn was dyed by one of the ladies in our group.  She is a talented dyer and comes up with some amazing colors and color combinations.  She's got a lot of wonderful yarns in her Etsy shop right now.  Her Sea Glass colorway is one I'm eyeing right now.  I might not be able to resist much longer!  As if I need more yarn!  ;-)  You can also find her on Facebook as Inner Yarn Zen.  I love that name!

6 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Glad you enjoyed the gathering; you scored big on the yarn! Wow!

Art and Sand said...

That yarn is gorgeous and I know you will create something wonderful. I have never seen stitch markers like those. I guess I need to get to the yarn shops more frequently.

Happy Christmas

Teresa Kasner said...

Wow, you sure scored a nice gift! That is beautiful! The stitch markers are artistic too. Bravo!

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉
*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉

((hugs)), Teresa :-)

September Violets said...

That sounds like a really nice way to share a morning together. Your yarn is gorgeous and I'm sure you'll make it into something wonderful as always ;) Wendy xox

roxie said...

Aren't these knitters' parties wonderful? You scored big time with that yarn!

Patty Antle said...

What a fun gift exchange. I need to find a group like that! Your yarn gift is gorgeous. Hope you share with you make with it!