Friday, October 4, 2013

Finished Scarf and New Yarn

I finished my Claudia Scarf.  And, I finished it just in time.
The evenings have gotten chilly and it came in very handy last night
at our weekly stitch gathering as we sat outside.
I know it will probably look a lot prettier blocked but I love it so much already!


I snapped these pictures with my phone and posted them on Instagram.
I love playing with the different effects.  The actual color of the scarf is more like the one above.


This pattern was super easy.  It's the same row over and over.
It's great for social stitching because it's hard to make a mistake.
I used three skeins/786 yards of JoAnn Sensations Bamboo & Ewe 
yarn in the Beige colorway and a size H crochet hook.
I haven't measured but it's at least six feet long.
I've had this pattern in my Ravelry queue for a few years.
It feels great to have finally made it.  I love it!

I'm on a yarn diet but it doesn't seem to be going very well.
I seem to keep acquiring yarn.  At least it's not a lot and I did just finish a project.
My latest acquisition is this gorgeous brown and turquoise yarn I brought home from 
stitch night.  It was dyed by a very talented member of the group.
She has an Etsy shop...Inner Yarn Zen.  I love that name!
She's constantly taking my breath away with her color combinations.
They're always rich and gorgeous!  This skein will probably become a lacy shawl or scarf.
I LOVE the colors!


I spotted this one in a yarn shop months ago and couldn't get it out of my mind.
I finally went for it.  It's going to become a hat.  It'll go great with some of my 
new hiking clothes.  It's Berroco Vintage Colors. The colorway is 5222. 
Why don't they give them names?  That's so much more fun than a number!


8 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

The scarf is beautiful! You finished your model just in time! I LOVE the rust/turq yarn!!!!

judith said...

Oh Daniella the dress form looks lovely in that scarf.

Sandy O' said...

I'm in lust for the rust/turq yarn! She's a very talented spinner! Lucky you! At least you are not on a yarn fast!

roxie said...

Boy your dress for suer shows off the scarf nicely. Have you given the dress form a name?

Names are so much easier to remember than numbers. And they can help sell the yarn, too. "A break in the clouds" is a much nicer name than 322.

Miss LindaLee said...

As always, your work is just beautiful and I love the aqua and rust yarn. The second one is pretty as well, but I'm loving the fall colors in the first.

simply bev said...

Lovely!

Quinn said...

I love the colors in the yarn you couldn't resist - will look forward to seeing the hat!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your work is just beautiful! I envy your talent - I just don't understand knitting and am only slightly better at crochet!